Skip to main content

International Scrapbook Day Is Coming


Hey everyone! Welcome! Today, let's talk about the upcoming International Scrapbook Day (INSD) Weekend. It is Saturday, May 2, 2020.

I became aware of this special day when I was an active gal at the papercrafting site, Two Peas In A Bucket. I always looked forward to the challenges and the chats. It was a great way to try different techniques and meet new people. I must admit, I chatted more than I scraped. LOL!  Oh and the badges we earned for completing challenges. That was exciting!

Here is a little bit of background for those of you who aren't familiar with this event. Scrapbook dot com said,
"Mark your calendar for the first Saturday in May, because that's the special day that scrapbookers all over the globe look forward to. National Scrapbook Day (or International Scrapbook Day as we call it around here to include crafters from all over the world) began in 1994 and is now celebrated by crafter everywhere! Whichever way you say it, or you celebrate it, National Scrapbook Day or NSD is about scrapbookers and the memories they create."

Several places will be offering crops, giveaways and even virtual fun Friday, May 1st thru Sunday, May 3rd.  Here are some fun places that will be celebrating and offering activities.
Two Peas Refugees
Click Here
Scrapbook dot com
Click Here
.A Cherry On Top
Click Here
Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine Blog
Starting at 10am, there will be five blog post
throughout the daywith challenges, prizes and ideas for INSD.
Click Here
Instagram
 search #internationalscrapbookday
Teresa Collins Studio
Click Here
@teresacollinsstudio (Her Instagram name)
She has been celebrating all this week for INSD. Here is her schedule I saw on IG.
There are probably several other places that will be offering INSD events. If you know of any, leave a comment below. Also, leave a comment if you plan on celebrating.

I plan to do some scrapbooking and join in the fun. I haven't scraped in a while and it will be good to make a few layouts this weekend. Maybe you can join in or have a virtual INSD party with your friends. (I am trying to learn about Zoom. Fingers crossed! LOL!)

Well, thanks for stopping by and get your scrapbook party on! :)

P.S.  HSN is having their 24 hour craft show Tuesday, May 5, 2020.
Program Guide


Comments

  1. I hate I missed the fun. I had to work two 12 hour shifts that weekend and of course when I got off I was totally exhausted and had to catch up on a few hours of sleep. I did manage to create that gift bag though. Thanks for sharing. I'll still drop by the sites to catch up on what I missed. Be blessed and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by!!! Sorry you had to work but if you go to Instagram and look for @americancrafts they had a whole day of live and prerecorded videos from lots of the "celebrity" designers. So fun to see. The videos are in their feed and/or their IGTV. Your bag was so beautiful, too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First YouTube Anniversary

While the pandemic was devastating there were some good moments that happened in 2020. For years, I had dreamed of creating YouTube crafting tutorials and last year in the mist of the stressful times, I got started. My channel is called K. Simone Designs and I would love for you to visit and subscribe if you haven't. Join the inspiration party!  June of 2020, I posted my first tutorial called, "Mini Album Card." Did you see it? I was so excited to share my favorite mini album card with the world. I had been making them for years and this video got a great reception. Video Link HERE Since then, I have continued to learn and grow in my videos. I am so proud of my progress and determination to stick with it in spite of the highs and lows. I hope you all have enjoyed the variety of content I have produced. My goal was to inspire you and based on the comments, I think I met that objective. Yay! :) Let's look at some of my YouTube stats as of today. Subscribers: 217 Paper

New Blog Welcome

WELCOME TO INSPIRED ME 411!  LET THE RIBBON CUTTING CEREMONY BEGIN!!!! My name is Kelly Roberts of  K. Simone Designs  (more about me  here ) and I am excited to present my NEW blog,  Inspired Me 411.   Earlier this year, I started working on this site and it feels so good to finally be able to present it to you. Check out the facts below. BLOG FACTS WHAT:  Inspired Me 411  is a   free directory of arts and crafts resources. This blog is a personal collection of information I have come across and/or used in my creative journey. It is organized with lists in the following categories:  General Crafts,  Papercrafts,  Art & Art Journaling,  Fiber Arts,  Mind  & Body, and Organizations & Events . More websites will be added over time. Also, there will be blog posts featuring interesting articles, tools and people. WHO: This site is for new and experienced makers who would like to find more resources for their crafts. WHEN: Starting TODAY! WHERE : Right

My First Diary and 3 Journaling Styles

Welcome! Today's post is about my experience with journaling and three of my favorite styles.  This post was written May 21, 2020. Journaling has been a part of my life since my pre-teen years. Like most girls, I kept a diary and hid it in a secret place. I think I got my first one as a gift and wrote about daily and special events. I remember there was this cute boy I met. I was too shy to tell anyone I liked him so I wrote about it in my diary. It was a safe place to share these new and wonderful feelings. I gotta find that journal and check it out. (Off to go find it!) Look, I found my precious little diary! Although it smells dusty and the paper has yellowed, my young words and thoughts are so sweet! Here is what I wrote May 21st. I was on a school trip to a camp called Rawhide when I was in the 6th grade, I think. "Today at Rawride and my horses name was Chinadoll. Elizabeth was so mean to sha-jauna and them. And she was flirting." LOL! This is so fu