Skip to main content

Our Business Celebrates It's 10th Anniversary- Join Us!

K. Simone Designs Turns 10!!! April 20, 2011, my husband Ron and I launched our greeting card business. Since we started, we have sold over 300 cards and donated over 80 cards to charitable events.  After years of selling our cards, we have also added my art to our collection. This is an exciting newer venture that we are thrilled about, too. (Our Art shop link is HERE.)

In celebration of this anniversary, Ron and I created this fun YouTube video to share some of our favorite cards, inspired art and memorable stories from over the years. It was a joy reflecting on all the exciting moments and precious people who helped us.

VIDEO LINK HERE

One of the stories I shared in the video was about Gospel Music Artist Vickie Winans and how she encouraged us so much. Well, here is the blog post I wrote about the special mini album card I made for her in 2012. The thank you video she made has been lost but the sentiment of the moment is still special. Her Story HERE

Now for a look at more of my favorite cards and art from over these past 10 years. 

My first post on my blog, Inspired Me in 2010!  

In 2013, I made these cards for the "Black Women In Hollywood" award luncheon sponsored by Essence Magazine.

I loved making this card. It took a lot of fussy cutting but it was worth it.

I love this glamourous card for Gospel Music Legend, Vickie Winans!



I have made a lot of art and this is one of my favorites. Check out the art story behind "Hello Brave."
VIDEO LINK HERE

We could not have lasted 10 years without the support of many others. Thank God for all these special people, So grateful!


Also, here are all of our online platforms. We hope you follow and subscribe to keep up with us. If you want to see more of my cards and art, check out my main blog Inspired Me.


Thanks for celebrating with us today and we hope you were inspired by our video and the stories we shared. Be inspired!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joann & Studio Calico Hauls

Do you like to journal or scrapbook? Well, look at these fun supplies I recently got from  Joann and Studio Calico . I can use a lot of these goodies in my traveler's notebooks, cards and layouts. Also, I will show you how I used some of  these items in my journal. Take a look! First, here are a few things I ordered from Studio Calico. This was my first time shopping with them and I love it! Patterned paper pad, animal print washi tape and this adorable traveler's notebook journal. The pad was $1 with the purchase. Inside the journal are lots of solid and patterned pages Next, I got an order from Joann dot com. They have lots of name brand papercrafting products as well as great coupons and sales. They also have a good collection of traveler's journal supplies. Heidi Swapp (HS) stickers, HS washi tape, Jen Hadfield washi tape, HS stamp set, HS paper pad and Damask Love die cuts. Aren't these Damask Love images and saying cute? Here is ...

My First Diary and 3 Journaling Styles

Welcome! Today's post is about my experience with journaling and three of my favorite styles.  This post was written May 21, 2020. Journaling has been a part of my life since my pre-teen years. Like most girls, I kept a diary and hid it in a secret place. I think I got my first one as a gift and wrote about daily and special events. I remember there was this cute boy I met. I was too shy to tell anyone I liked him so I wrote about it in my diary. It was a safe place to share these new and wonderful feelings. I gotta find that journal and check it out. (Off to go find it!) Look, I found my precious little diary! Although it smells dusty and the paper has yellowed, my young words and thoughts are so sweet! Here is what I wrote May 21st. I was on a school trip to a camp called Rawhide when I was in the 6th grade, I think. "Today at Rawride and my horses name was Chinadoll. Elizabeth was so mean to sha-jauna and them. And she was flirting." LOL! This is so fu...

Upcoming Online Arts & Crafts Events - Free & Paid

If you like scrapbooking, Christmas crafts, art or fiber arts, you will love these upcoming events. Here are six you might want to check out. Registration is required for all of them. So sign up if you are interested. Also, subscribe to  Inspired Me 411 so you can know when I have new posts and fun things to share with you. A Year of Magic & Fairy Tales Starts January 1, 2026 Paid Event Host: Tamara LaPorte This is a year-long mixed media art event featuring over 30 instructors and over 65 classes. Sessions are pre-recorded. Art Soul Living Painting Retreat 2025 October 27-November 5, 2025 Paid Event Host: Ida Andersen Lang Students will explore mixed media and watercolor art in a soothing fashion and discover the magic of painting. Elves' Workshop Summit 2025 November 18-20, 2025 FREE & Upgrade Option Host: Hobbyscool 26 holiday craft classes led by experienced instructors.   Knit Happy Summit 2025 November 6-9, 2025 FREE & Upgrade Option This event is pre-record...